Thursday, October 13, 2011

College Essay

High school is where people change from being a kid to becoming an adult. This means you are faced with choices and you are allowed more freedom. For most high school students, these years is when the first get a turn at drinking and smoking. Now into my senior year, I can proudly say, that I, Casey Baker, have not fallen to pure pressure and have kept myself above the influence for my whole high school career.



With this being said, I am not a loner who has no friends nor social life, however I am one who stays clean and has enough will power to say no to alcohol and drugs. While almost everyone I know and go to school with has dabbled here or there with ether of the two, I have stayed strong and have keep away from such threats. It hasn't been an easy task to accomplish, with pure pressure and the feeling of fitting in being a strong thing to over come, but it became easier when I figured out I can have fun without all of that.



When I was younger, after spending a day at elementary school, I would then go to the YMCA after school program until my mom would get out of work. Their, I would meet someone who had a giant impact on my life. My councilor Tyler Scheinost, lived a life above the influence. He told me all about how he was able his whole life to keep above the influence and never drink alcohol or take drugs. He inspired me to stay clean my whole life and to push to stay true to myself and try to be the best me possible. From then one, before I even understood what alcohol even was, I decided I would stay true.



Now in my senior year of high school, I still have the same look on the topic. I stay strong and stick with what I believe in. I think its something special to say that you have stayed above the influence for your whole life.

No comments:

Post a Comment