Sunday, September 11, 2011

The Things They Carried Assignment

The Things they Carried: Martha’s letters, her good-luck pebble, photos of Martha, mosquito repellent, marijuana, pocket knives, chewing gum, extra rations, girlfriend’s pantyhose, tranquilizers, compress, two-pound poncho, tent, M-16 assault rifle, ammunition, grenade launchers, memories

1. If I was a part of the Alpha Company, I too would being plenty of tangible items along with me on the journey. Just like them, I would bring photos of memories.I would being mosquito repellent, pocket knives, chewing gum. Also a two-pound poncho, a tent, plenty of weapons, ranging from riffles to pistols to grenade launchers. I would also bring a sleeping bag, a hunting knife, a compass, plenty of medical gear, fresh water, and plenty of memories.

I would being these items on my journey with me because I feel like they are necessary. Photos of memories are important to keep your spirits up. I would bring mosquito repellent to keep the bugs away. Knives to cut up food or defend myself, also id bring chewing gum because I constantly chem gum. I’d have a poncho and a tent to keep myself dye and have a place to sleep. Also bring a compass so I don’t get lost and I’d have medical gear to keep myself healthy.


2. If I was a part of the Alpha Company, I too would being plenty of intangible items along with me on the journey. I would bring all my memories of my family and friends. I would bring my knowledge of outdoor survival techniques. I would bring my common sense and my life experiences with me on my journey.


I would being these items on my journey with me because I feel like they are necessary. The memories of my family and friends would help me keep my spirits up and know that I am working for something real. I would bring my knowledge of outdoor survival techniques because it would be very useful in these kind of situations. I would bring my common sense because with it I can figure things out.

No comments:

Post a Comment